Duties: PILLAR, Inc. is seeking a candidate to provide support to our asset management, project management and contract monitoring team in monitoring road and bridge repairs, including appurtenances, performed by various and multiple contractors on all types of roads (interstate, primary, secondary, etc.). Candidate must be willing to work nights as well as days and may be “on-call” during certain weeks in a month.
- Good interpersonal verbal and written communication abilities
- Able to read and interpret construction plans, contract specifications and documents
- Familiar with typical construction equipment and practices
- Possesses an authoritative presence
- Familiar with various types of field inspection testing
- Safety conscious
- Personable; excellent client service
- Proficiency in computers and electronic devices; in particular smart phones, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation tools
- Able to lift 50 lbs unassisted on an occasional basis
- Able to use and wear all forms of personal protective equipment
- Can drive a vehicle and quickly ingress and egress from said vehicle
- Able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Performed field testing of concrete, asphalt, subgrade and subbase compaction (nuclear density)
- Familiar with VDOT computer tracking systems, contract documents and specifications
- Knowledgeable in routine highway maintenance
- Creative thinker with good problem solving skills
- Experience in incident response and snow removal efforts
- Can operate various types of construction equipment
- High School Diploma
- 2 years of construction or maintenance experience
- Associates degree in Construction Technology, Construction Management or similar.
- 5 years of experience in construction either as an inspector or laborer/operator.
- Has a valid driver’s license
- OSHA 10 hour
- First Aid/CPR
- Intermediate Workzone Traffic Control Training with Flagger Certification
- ACI Grade 1 field technician
- VDOT Pavement Markings
- VDOT GRIT
- Confined Space
- NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800 training
We invite qualified individuals to send a cover letter along with their Curriculum Vitae to PILLAR, Inc., P.O. Box 609, Wytheville, VA 24382 or email them to email@example.com.