Location: Wytheville, VA
Pillar is seeking a diligent, detail-oriented, responsible, and trustworthy person to fill our in-house accounting needs. The candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting supervisory and executive staff by performing both clerical and administrative accounting tasks. General duties include taking care of basic office tasks that involve reporting, bookkeeping, research, as well as the resolution of discrepancies related to any of the assigned tasks. Responsibilities include both daily and cumulative tasks that are resolved on a more long-term basis as well as providing management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements. This position is considered full-time with a salary between $40-$45k.
Common Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting, sorting, and processing invoices, bills, and checks for both accounts payable and receivable via electronic banking and traditional methods
- Processing and preparing accounting statements and other reports and records.
- Maintaining accounting records and files
- Performing daily general ledger entries and reconciliation of various accounts.
- Keeping a thorough record of business transactions and enter data from daily work logs, time sheets, and various other ledger entries into our accounting system.
- Keeping track of any consumer or vendor issues and make sure that any refunds are issued in a timely manner and vendors are paid in a timely manner
- Assisting the corporate accounting firm with any tasks conducted as necessary or requested
- Maintaining client and vendor information database within our accounting software
- Assigning and developing project numbers within our accounting software and match task orders to invoices and prepare client invoices
- Notifying customers of delinquent accounts and negotiate payment plans.
- Delivering deposits to the bank on a daily or weekly basis.
- Maintaining petty cash account and justify expenditures
- Maintaining employee expense reports including credit card statements
- Preparing and processing payroll
- Preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements
- Analyzing information and options by verifying information and developing reports
- Developing and implementing accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommend changes.
- Answering accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protecting organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Candidate Requirements include:
- At a minimum, An Associate Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing similar duties
- Ability to report to work in our Wytheville office location a minimum of 3 days a week
- Clean driving record
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Teams Outlook, Powerpoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient with the use of formulas within Excel and formatting within Word.
- Familiarity with computers, electronic banking, and electronic accounting programs
- Preferred familiarity with Ajera by Deltek
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Possess the ability to articulate and converse with other professionals as well as other employees, clients, and vendors in a respectful and professional manner
- Possess integrity and strong ethical values
- Proficient in math
Offer is conditional upon a clean criminal history record check and passing a drug test.
We invite qualified individuals to send a cover letter along with their Curriculum Vitae to PILLAR, Inc., P.O. Box 609, Wytheville, VA 24382 or email them to email@example.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer.