Duties: PILLAR is seeking a candidate to assist VDOT in the Suffolk, VA area office in performing functions related to project development, project delivery and closeout activities. These activities include project certification, FIRE reports, federal modification forms, reviewing estimate revisions, funding verifications for advertisement and financial closeout.
The candidate will assist in data mining, research, project assessments and reporting as needed. Financial analysis, budget control, funding management and civil engineering and VDOT experience desired.
Experience in negotiating and controlling costs and assessing funding is critical. Knowledge of engineering, road projects, civil engineering, and working with various levels within VDOT and with the public is highly desired.
Working with various priorities, multi-tasking, prioritizing projects and managing these long-term projects through the duration of the cycle is critical. Providing excellent communication to all parties to provide transparency of the accepted projects is important to VDOT and the public.
Candidate will work for the VDOT Project Development Engineering Department as a Financial Analyst.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Civil Engineering and or VDOT Experience
- Good interpersonal verbal and written communication abilities
- Able to read and interpret construction plans, contract specifications and documents
- Track funded projects and adjust when necessary.
- Monitor projects and funding.
- Monitor and manage project based from VDOT priorities.
- Safety conscious
- Personable; excellent client service
- Proficiency in computers, software, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, financial analysis, project management and presentation tools.
- Familiar with contracts and contract management
- Familiar with Civil Engineering / VDOT type of projects.
- Experienced in Financial analysis, finance management, project management.
- Engineering / Civil Engineering Degree
- Financial / Accounting Degree
- Desire Project Management Experience
- Degree in Construction Technology, Construction Management or similar.
- Experience in construction., engineering, VDOT
- Project Management Experience
- Financial Analysis Experience