Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the Project Engineer.
- Assist Project Engineer with all aspects of a surveying and data collection from mobile field crews in the State of California.
- Be in contact with key personnel and managers of clients to assist in communicating the support and daily assistance needed from the work crew teams.
- Plan, organize and assist in directing the daily activities of the survey crews, drivers, sub-contractors and other positions within the company to meet contract obligations and quality, on time and on budget projects.
- Assist with contracts and managing projects.
- Monitor, collect and communicate hours of work, pay rate per county and work crew expenses. Coordinates and communicates this information on Mondays of each week to the corporate office after reviewing with the Project Engineer.
- Interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments, with help of Lead Surveyors / Party Chief.
- Schedule and assign work to meet completion date.
- Reports delays or potential issues to Project Engineer.
- Assist in planning and development of surveying projects with the survey teams to best utilize their time.
- Will assist Lead Surveyor / Party Chief in advising, controlling and arranging nightly accommodations for survey crews.
Qualifications and Education
- AS Degree or Equivalent Job Experience.
- Knowledge and experience in surveying desired.
- Candidate will be expected to possess strong self-motivational and organizational skills, experience in project planning and scheduling work assignments.
- Computer skills involve experience with Microsoft Office.
- Skilled in Map reading and transportation in California.
- Dispatching experience would be helpful in this position.
- Must be very knowledgeable of the use and interpretation of GPS to provide workaround routes, weather issues, and change in work plans.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license have a satisfactory driving record and be very familiar with the State of California’s primary and secondary roads.
- Must also be very familiar with the location of different counties and districts in California.
- Must have knowledge of the California Equal Pay requirements.
- Have good time management skills.
- Must have exceptional customer, managerial and leadership skills.
- Must be highly flexible and be able to work with very limited direction.
- Must be a good decision maker.
- Must be able to work with various levels of employees within and outside the company.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to speak English.
Salary / Hourly Wage Classification:
Contingent on qualifications and experience.