Duties: PILLAR, Inc. is seeking a candidate to provide support to our asset management, project management and contract monitoring team in monitoring and inspecting bridge repairs performed by various and multiple contractors in the Richmond VDOT District. Candidate must be willing to work nights as well as days, traveling from jobsite to jobsite as needed.
- Good interpersonal verbal and written communication abilities
- Able to read and interpret construction plans, contract specifications and documents
- Familiar with typical construction equipment and practices used for building bridges
- Possesses an authoritative presence
- Familiar with various types of field inspection testing
- Safety conscious
- Personable; excellent client service
- Proficiency in computers and electronic devices; smart phones, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation tools
- Able to lift 50 lbs unassisted on an occasional basis
- Able to use and wear all forms of personal protective equipment
- Can drive a vehicle and quickly ingress and egress from said vehicle
- Able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Performed field testing of concrete, asphalt, subgrade and subbase compaction (nuclear density)
- Familiar with VDOT computer tracking systems, contract documents and specifications
- Can operate various types of construction equipment
- High School Diploma
- 2 years of construction experience
- Associates degree in Construction Technology, Construction Management or similar.
- 5 years of experience in bridge inspection or construction.
- Has a valid drivers license
- OSHA 10 hour
- First Aid/CPR
- Intermediate Workzone Traffic Control Training with Flagger Certification
- ACI Grade 1 field technician
- VDOT GRIT
- Confined Space
We are an equal opportunity employer.